Last updated: July 1st, 2020
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the centralert.com website, or our Apps, the Guardian Mobile App and the Know NOW! App.
Information Collection and Use
For users of Guardian Mobile, this personally identifiable information (first and last name, email address and phone number) is used to access the mobile version of your Crisis-Driven Alert & Control (C-DAC) system. This information is used for licensing purposes only and can be updated or changed within the Guardian Mobile App itself.
For users of Know NOW!, the only personally identifiable information requested is your email address and current location. Please note that this information is only required to create an account on Know NOW! with users free to access most Know NOW! features without the need to disclose any personally identifiable information.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service or App(s);
- To provide the Service or App(s) on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related or App-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service or App(s) are used.
We want to inform users of our Service and Apps that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
The Service uses Google Analytics to help analyze how users use the Service.
The tool uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of this Service and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
By using this Service, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
If You do not accept Our Cookies, You may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Service and some features may not function properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
European Users’ Rights with Respect to Personal Data under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Some data protection laws, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), provide you with certain rights in connection with Personal Data you have shared with us. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have certain data protection rights.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right of access. You are entitled to request, at any time, a copy of any Personal Data that we may possess about you.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You are entitled to request, at any time, that we erase your Personal Data from our system.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to a “portable” copy of your Personal Data that you have submitted to us. This means that you have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly-used and easy-to-read format.
- The right to object. You have the right to object (or opt out) to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based entirely on automated processing that produces a legal or similar effect on you.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Direct Marketing and “Do Not Track” Signals
The Company does not track its customers over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies. The Company does not disclose any personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 18. In the case we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
By continuing to access or use the Service or App(s) after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the Service or App(s).
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: 859.224.1047
- By mail: 3090 Harrodsburg Road, Suite 202, Lexington, KY, 40503, United States